CRC | ICHC 2014
Crane & Rigging Conference | Industrial Crane & Hoist Conference
2014 Dates Announced: Dec. 3-4 | Hilton Houston Nasa Clear Lake
CRC/ICHC (Crane and Rigging Conference/Industrial Crane and Hoist Conference) announces the dates and location for the 2014 annual conference. The independent conference offers education and networking opportunities for safety and risk managers, crane and rigging supervisors, lift directors, project managers, and others responsible for managing crane and rigging operations in construction and heavy industry.
Held consecutively for the last five years at locations in the Midwest and Gulf Coast, CRC/ICHC returns to Houston in 2014. Set for Dec. 3-4 at the Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake hotel, the event will be held adjacent to the Space Center Houston and NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
The event organizer has issued a call for speakers. Submission deadline is May 15, 2014. CRC/ICHC is seeking crane and rigging subject matter experts to make 60-minute presentations on topics such as:
- Craft Labor Shortages, Qualifying Workers, Best Practices for Training Programs
- Lift Planning, Frequent Crane & Rigging Citations, Accident Investigation Case Studies
- Overhead Crane Inspection and Repair Techniques, Below-the-Hook Gear, Challenges of Overhead Lifting in Outdoor Environments
- Tools for Managing Health and Safety Programs, Standards and Regulations Updates
While some crane and rigging safety topics are timeless, others are predicated by industry trends, changes in standards and regulations, new technology, and shifts in labor demands. Conference staff consists of editors from Crane & Rigging Hot Line, ILH and Lift and Hoist International—individuals who have their ear to the ground regarding issues affecting users of cranes.
More than just a lecture-style conference, CRC/ICHC offers attendees opportunities for networking in small groups, experiencing hands-on learning, and the chance to visit vendors during exhibit hours.
To submit a speaker proposal, go to https://maxcapmedia.wufoo.eu/forms/crcichc-2014call-for-speakers/
For information on exhibiting, contact Mark Bridger, email@example.com
Typical attendees include contractors, engineering firms, various construction user groups, unions, and crane and rigging professionals. The conference sessions are geared for safety and risk managers, crane and rigging supervisors, fleet managers, and small business owners. The following list is a sample of some of the companies that have attended past CRC/ICHC events.
Alon Refining ,Alltec Lifting Systems ,AmQuip,Balfour Beatty,BP,Buckner Companies,Chicago Bridge & Iron,Conoco Phillips,Crane Rental Corp.,Dow Chemical,Dupont,Eastman Chemical,Exxon Mobil,Gamesa Wind,Graycor Industrial,H&E Equipment,Imperial Crane,IUOE,Kansas City Power & Light,Kiewit Energy,LyondellBasell,Mammoet USA,Massmann Construction,Mortenson Construction,Peterson Beckner,Ray Anthony International,Shaw Group,Tennessee Valley Authority,Top Flight Steel,Turner Industries,US Army Corp of Engineers, US Navy
Previous Industry Supporters
Over the years, a number of regional and national industry organizations have supported CRC/ICHC. Among them are:
- ABC, Pelican Chapter and Greater Houston Chapter
- Association of Crane and Rigging Professionals
- Association of Equipment Management Professionals
- Canadian Hoisting & Rigging Safety Council
- Construction Users Roundtable
- Crane Certification Association of America
- Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance
- Houston Business Roundtable
- National Center for Construction Education and Research
- Steel Erectors Association of America